First of all EID MUBARAK to all my sisters and brother. I know this Eid might be different with the lock down. Probably wondering myself it’s Eid and I am here with my laptop writing. It’s Sunday and the first day of the week in UAE. I am starting my week with a whole vibe. I woke up just like a normal Eid day dressed up and ready to celebrate with the new normal lifestyle. You can still enjoy your Eid with the lockdown.People are just as happy as they make their minds to be. You should not be around people to have fun, you should always enjoy your own company. Eid is all about some guidelines to be followed or rather steps. You can still enjoy your Eid with the lockdown, and practice these steps down, which play a big part in Eid.
Steps to follow on Eid
- Taking a Bath (GHUSL)
- Wearing one’s best clothes, and for the men perfuming themselves.
- Having and odd number of dates before leaving the Eid prayers. If one does not have any dates and food will do.
- Going to Eid prayer. This one might be a bit tricky with the “new normal”. In some countries, people were allowed to go for prayers only. It had to be different for the sake of our safety.
- If the woman is not going for praying, she is encouraged to come to attend.
- Greet one another with good greeting like Eid Mubarak – translates as “blessed” – while “Eid” means feast, festival or celebration, so “Eid Mubarak” can literally mean “blessed celebration” or “blessed feast”, although it is widely interpreted as simply wishing somebody a “happy Eid”.
- Take a different path home than the one you took to come to the prayer area. This part has its different reasons; why you should do so more in the route taking.
It’s always fun to celebrate with friends and family. You can still enjoy your Eid during lockdown.